An ad hoc dinner for the next 4ish days. I ran out of rice so i’m having this on top of spaghetti…Wow…I can’t believe I’m a fusion chef now….. I’d been dreaming about Thai food all week but I was shocked and appalled at the price of shrimp and I was too lazy to go get fish sauce and did nothing to deserve such #luxuries in life… I ended up just using this old Hoisin sauce in my fridge and some PB + a little bit of curry paste. Cultural appropriation or just a day in the life….Sorry bout it! As a side note, I just found out Hoisin sauce is just 甜面酱… revelations…. Hennyways this is what I did:
- chop up some ginger, garlic, and spring onions. fry with a little oil and salt on medium high heat until it smells good. I opened up the window because some people were studying in there and i didn’t know how sensitive they were…last week this guy on my floor was super embarrassed because he tried to spare my feelings by opening the window while I went to the bathroom (i’d been chopping onions) but I caught him in the act like… That’s very sweet sis but just do what you gotta do….
- add in tofu and green pepper, mix in a hearty glob (scientifically speaking) of curry paste, mix it in, and put the lid on the pan. As they say, “let simmer.”
- At this point I did some dishes and mixed up the sauce: Hoisin sauce and crunchy peanut butter. the amount was like 1.75 hearty globs (combined).
- I turned the heat down and mixed the sauce into the veggies and tofu
- once the tofu was kind of golden around the edges I turned off the heat and added chopped basil. I loooove basil but this batch had literally no flavor and I felt scammed. Last time I made this (for the first half of the week) I thought it was just because I cooked the basil in too long but this time I was still sorely disappointed!!! what gives!!!
Oh also, somebody left an individually sealed piece of matcha cake in the lounge and I took it. It was bland but that ain’t me complaining. My conscience is honestly guilt free because I’m pretty sure everyone on my floor has more money than me