Despite the fact that the seasons are disappearing, folks still believe in pumpkin accoutrements and aggressive pilgrim imagery and earth tones….doesn’t Being Human just positively break your heart??? As you can see I’m practicing what I preach with the aggressively autumnal SWEET POTATO this week.
Are you riveted? I’ll try something novel today called listing amounts. Sometimes I forget that the skill of counting is a gift and a privilege. I too Lean In in my own way…. For this sheet pan number I used 3 sweet potatoes, 1 large onion, and count em, 6 sweet Italian sausages.
- Preheated oven to 375. I had a bad experience with sweet potatoes, 425, and negligence so I erred on the side of caution this time.
- Meanwhile, tossed veggies (cut in wedges) in oil with chili powder, paprika, rosemary, and of course salt and pepper.
- Gently laid the sausages to sweet rest on the bed of veggies. As one does. The act felt morbidly maternal…love it
- Meanwhile meanwhile while the sausages were cooking (I gave it 30 minutes on the timer while expecting 45-60), I sautéed some baby broccoli with garlic and pepper. In COCONUT OIL. Would I be a more peaceful and balanced soul if I were raised on coconut oil instead of canola? I guess that’s one mystery for the ages…
- The sausages looked a little pink after 30 minutes but the sweet potatoes were done so I took those out and put the sausages back in for another 15-20 minutes. After turning and rotating and such. Have I mentioned I HATE the word “sausage?” I hate to be such a puritan (I’m lying. I LOVE to be such a puritan) but I would love to live in a world devoid of the idea of sausages. Read into this as you will…
- I had this and the baby broccoli over rice. Maybe next time I’ll even switch it up and venture into ~broccoli rabe~ territory if things get really crazy…Wow
Be back soon with a double lunch update to make up for last week. Keep on rockin in the (is it really so) free world ladies and gentlefolk..